Latest From Methanol Institute
Methanol Economy: Opportunities and Options, DD News India
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) formed a Methanol Economy Expert Group, and this national television interview features Dr. VK Saraswat, chairman of the Expert Group, Prof. Surya Prakash of the University of Southern California, and MI CEO Gregory Dolan.
The Benefits of Methanol As An Alternative Fuel
As the most basic alcohol, methanol is an affordable alternative transportation fuel due to its efficient combustion, ease of distribution and wide availability around the globe. Methanol is a high octane fuel that enables very efficient and powerful performance in spark ignition engines. Engines optimized for methanol could provide an energy based efficiency gain of 50% over a standard (port fuel injected, non-turbo) gasoline engine in a light-duty vehicle. The power-producing qualities of methanol are well-known and it is used in several motorsports. While methanol has a low cetane rating, it also can be used in combustion ignition engines as a diesel fuel substitute. Dual-fuel heavy-duty engines operating on diesel and methanol fuels can improve efficiency and dramatically reduce emissions for trucks, buses, and off-road vehicles.
Informative Presentations from Alternative Fuel Leaders
Technical Bulletins, Fact Sheets, Press Releases, and Essays
- Future Vehicles – by Sebastian Verhelst
- Monitoring, Standards Key to Safe Methanol Use in Fuels – MI PRESS RELEASE
- Dor Chemicals, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and IFCI presents jointly the new choice of fuel, M15.
- Methanol Gasoline Blends: Alternative Fuel for Today’s Automobiles & Cleaner Burning Octane for Today’s Oil Refinery
- Methanol Use in Gasoline: Blending, Storage, and Handling of Gasoline Containing Methanol
- Use of Methanol as a Transportation Fuel
- China: The Leader in Methanol Transportation