Exponent Report on Methanol in Denitrification - A comprehensive report on the utilization of methanol to remove nitrogen from wastewater effluent. Includes overview of benefits, economics, and the practical application of this technology around the world.
Boiling and Flash Points of Methanol
Methanol's Use in Denitrification (Technical Bulletin) - An updated overview regarding the use of methanol in wastewater treatment plants to help fight environmental impact. Developed in part from the Exponent methanol denitrification report (July 2012).
Physical Properties of Pure Methanol - An overview document that highlights the basics of methanol; including molecular weight, critical pressures and densitites, refractive index, surface tension and other information.
EPA's Basic Chemical Fact Sheet - A link to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's basic chemical fact sheet on methanol.
EPA's Chemical Summary - A link to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's chemical summary for methanol.
- A chart that demonstrates the boiling and flash points for methanol and methanol-water solutions.
Freezing Points of Methanol
- A chart that shows the relative freezing points for methanol and methanol-water solutions.
Latent Heat and Vaporization
- A chart that shows the latent heat of vaporization and specific heat of liquid methanol.
Water-Methanol Mix Densities
- A chart that shows the relative density of water-methanol mixtures.
Final Volume of Water-Methanol Mix
- A chart that looks at the final volume of water-methanol solutions.
ASTM-1152/97 Specification for Methanol
IMPCA Methanol Reference Specifications