Methanol Technical Fact Sheets
In this section, we have collected a number of useful technical fact sheets. We have divided the fact sheets resources page into sections related to the type of information provided. To find more information, simply click on the links below.
Physical Properties of Pure Methanol - An overview document that highlights the basics of methanol; including molecular weight, critical pressures and densitites, refractive index, surface tension and other information.
Boiling and Flash Points of Methanol
EPA's Basic Chemical Fact Sheet - A link to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's basic chemical fact sheet on methanol.
EPA's Chemical Summary - A link to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's chemical summary for methanol.
- A chart that demonstrates the boiling and flash points for methanol and methanol-water solutions.
Freezing Points of Methanol
- A chart that shows the relative freezing points for methanol and methanol-water solutions.
Latent Heat and Vaporization
- A chart that shows the latent heat of vaporization and specific heat of liquid methanol.
Water-Methanol Mix Densities
- A chart that shows the relative density of water-methanol mixtures.
Final Volume of Water-Methanol Mix
- A chart that looks at the final volume of water-methanol solutions.