Methanol Safety Resources
Toxicology for Excellence Risk Assessment (TERA) Methanol Final Report
- A report on the peer review of two methanol bioassays, March 2010.
EPA Press Release: IRIS Assessments on Hold, June 2010
- A press release from the U.S. EPA regarding four IRIS assessments under review.
EPL: 18-Month Methanol in Mice Study
- An eighteen month review of pathology data of Japan NEDO mouse study by Environmental Pathology Laboratories, Inc, October 2007.
EPL: 24-Month Methanol in Mice Study
- A twenty-four month review of pathology data of Japan NEDO mouse study by Environmental Pathology Laboratories, Inc, October 2007.
EPA Peer Review of NEDO Methanol
- An external peer review of Japan NEDO methanol studies, June 2009.
Ramazzini Study Review
- An evaluation of the Ramazzini Foundation's carcinogenicity studies by ENVIRON International Corporation, October 2007.
ToxWorks Evaluation of Ramazzini Foundation Methanol Study
- An evaluation of the Ramazzini Foundation study of methanol in drinking water in Sprague-Dawley rats, March 2008.
University of Toronto Methanol Study
- A report on the molecular basis of methanol developmental toxicity and implications for carcinogenic potential, November 2010.
University of Toronto Methanol Study - Appendix
- Appendix to the November 2010 methanol study conducted by Peter G. Wells, Pharm.D.
EPA PWG Release: April 11, 2011
- A press release by the U.S. EPA announcing the formation of an independent Pathology Working Group to review the Ramazzini Foundation's methanol assessment.
MI Statement on IRIS Review Hold, June 15, 2010
- An MI press release supporting EPA's thorough review of the Ramazzini Foundation's health assessment of methanol through a Pathology Working Group.
MI Safety DVD Press Release, April 2010
- An MI press release introducing the "Methanol Safe Handling: A User's Guide" DVD.
Methanol Safe Handling Presentation
- A presentation on methanol safety given by MI's Greg Dolan to wastewater treatment plant workers in Prince William County, Virginia.